Your Mind First ..
Setting up your Mind for Success.
Let’s Start .. Slowly ..
Getting started with the Basics.
Your First Affiliate Salesfunnel
The Funnel that gets you Money.
Your Affiliate Salesmessage
Hook, Story, Offer!
From Theory to Practice
Autoresponders & List Building
Plug & Play!
Let's get things rolling!
Let’s Feed your Funnel with Traffic!
If you want sales and want them NOW!
Day 8 – Introducing your First Affiliate Salesfunnel
Congratulations on clearing the first part of The Perfect Social Affiliate course.
By now you should have the right mindset, know the basics of affiliate marketing, have chosen your affiliate path and have a product to re-sell!
This is where the REAL FUN STARTS!
As of today we’re going to start working on creating your sales funnel and messages.
Are you ready?
8.1 What is a funnel
A sales funnel is the marketing term for the journey your potential customers go through on their way to a purchase.
You start with a lot of potential customers who may have heard of your product or service.
A smaller part of that group may want to learn more, and a smaller part of that group may actually contact you.
As the process goes on, you’re talking to fewer people who are more interested, until you end up with the people who become customers. Chart it out, and it looks like a funnel:
The first of the sales funnel stages is called the “awareness” level, because it’s where people first become aware of your product or service.
They may hear about you from your advertising, social media, or even word of mouth.
How and why those people move down the funnel depends on your own sales and marketing ability, of course.
The leads in the middle and lower sales funnel stages are those that you want to pay the most attention to, because they’ve moved beyond awareness to interest.
8.2 Why do you need a funnel
One thing I run across fairly often when looking at small business sites built by local firms is that there is no sales funnel.
Well .. Why do you need a salesfunnel if you can just have a website right?
Is exactly what I asked myself when starting this journey.
Well let me tell you this.
Not having a sales funnel will get your broke sooner than rich.
Repeat after me.
NOT HAVING A SALES FUNNEL WILL GET YOU BROKE SOONER THAN RICH.
I’m not exaggerating, really .. I’m not. J
What many people don’t realize is that the absence of a sales funnel can actually cripple your online presence and make your whole site a giant waste of money!
Even a great-looking site with the most modern functionality is severely handicapped without this important feature!
You need to structure your website in a way, that it’s able to DO IT’S JOB.
You have to treat your website as your number one salesperson, the one who never gets sick, never has an off day, and can service all your prospects at once.
The downside is that a lot of websites offer too many choices and too little direction. As a result, visitors get confused by all the pages and find it difficult to navigate the website’s highway. If you’ve ever driven on a major road with a major intersection and no clear signages, you know what I mean.
It’s possible to make your homepage and entire website user-friendly and intuitive, but it requires continuous improvement for positive results. You also need to invest a lot of effort, time, and funds to make this happen.
Let’s continue with the highway analogy. While a website is a multilane freeway, a sales funnel is more akin to a one-way road. Everything is designed to guide website traffic toward a single direction: getting a sale.
To do this, a sales funnel minimizes distractions like outgoing links or share buttons for social media. Each page of the sales funnel highlights what the company has to offer and prompts the visitor to buy it… or leave. The best part: sales funnels are proven to result in higher sales conversions.
Now, unless you have an e-commerce site, it’s likely that your website won’t be able to actually close deals for you at first sight.
Obviously, there are plenty of exceptions, but we find this to be the pattern more often than not; therefore, let’s assume that for your sales process, your website’s job is to take a cold lead and turn it into a hot lead for you, ready to buy.
Making your websites job,
- Acquiring the lead! (Getting someone to give you their email address)
In order to warm that lead up for you, your website has to give a cold lead the information they need to help them make a buying decision.
- Provide them with a Lead magnet in order to get their Email!
That warm lead is then passed to your sales team (or page in this case), who tries to
- Close the deal!
Obviously a lot of people will still not buy at the first time they see your offer, even after you’ve just given them a free gift containing information to get your potential customer ready for purchase!
A lot of people just need a longer timeframe to get to know you, the brand or the product you’re representing.
Luckily when using a salesfunnel you are able to provide them with this information by
- Following up through email
After they’ve given you your email in step 1 you are able to follow up with your cold leads and give them information to tighten your bonds with them, fight objections and push them back to your sales page when they are ready to make the purchase!
Now see how that works?
- A regular website confuses your visitors and when they’ve found your offer through the masses of options they have to pick from, it will present your buyer to the offer ONCE. When that customer isn’t ready for the sale just yet, he or she drops of and you’ll never see that customer again.
- A salesfunnel warms up your potential prospect for the offer by giving them a piece of the pie in return for their information, prior to purchasing. It then presents them to the offer, sells at a higher conversion rate and follows up with the non- buyers to get them ready for the sale in a later stage. (WINNER)
That’s a salesfunnel, why you need it, and why I am going to get you one.
8.3 How does your first funnel look like
Now that we’ve broken down what a funnel is, how it will help you and why you need a funnel prior to a website I’m going to show you how the funnel we’re going to be creating (Your First Sales funnel) looks like.
There are 100s types of different funnels all optimized for different services, but the Funnel we will be creating is what I Like to call the TPSA (The Perfect Social Affiliate) Funnel and is basically what they call a Squeeze page funnel optimized for Affiliates.
Step 1 – Opt in Page
Step 2 – Sales Page (Where you offer the Affiliate Product + your Extra Offers)
Step 3 – The affiliate Order page
Step 4 – Upsell page where you present your upsell
Step 5 – Thank you page!
- You get their email in the Opt In page – Their email gets added to your email list
- They get automatically forwarded to your sales page where you present them with a catching Hook, the Story and eventually the Offer (The Affiliate product + The Bonuses they get because they’re opting in through you) and a Call to action button.
- After pressing the Call to action button(Your affiliate link) they will be send to the Affiliate sales page where they can make the actual order.
- After they’ve received the order they get added to your email list and automatically receive an email containing their promised bonusses and a link to your one time offer upsell page.
- From there they choose whether they’d like to go for your extra offer or enjoy their first purchase.
Now go complete your Assignments for today